ClickTime supports importing time data into QuickBooks and associating that time with QuickBooks Classes. Through the use of a custom field in ClickTime, you can define the QuickBooks Class for people, clients, jobs, tasks or divisions. Last week we extended these capabilities to enable selecting the Class as each timesheet entry is created. This creates greater flexibility for ClickTime customers who utilize class tracking in QuickBooks.
- Sign in as a ClickTime administrator, go to your Company Preferences and click the Custom Fields option.
- Click the "Add Custom Field" button.
- Enter "QB_Export_Class" as the custom field name.
- Enter a display name that describes your class values (e.g. profit center, location, etc.).
- Select "Timesheet Entry" as the association.
- Enter your class values in the field provided with each value on its own line.
- Click the "Save" button.
The ClickTime Connector for use with QuickBooks® seamlessly transfers time and expense sheet data to QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise (2006-2012). The QuickBooks Connector communicates directly with QuickBooks, making it more efficient than traditional IIF export/import methods.